Join Our Parks Team!
The Park Maintenance Staff will be responsible for the daily operations of the Chappelle Gardens Residents Association (CGRA) facilities, grounds, and amenities, and other areas under the umbrella of the CGRA. The CGRA is a not-for-profit corporation whose purpose is to manage, maintain, and operate the CGRA amenities. The CGRA owns, operates, and maintains a 5-acre park that features a splash park, picnic area, pleasure skating rink, hockey rink, skate change area, and maintenance shop/office. This park is exclusively for the residents of the Chappelle Gardens community. The facility is 6600 square foot recreational facility that will include flex rooms, skate change room, and offices.
• Providing exceptional customer service
• Complete Administrative tasks as directed
• Maintaining accurate, detailed logs & Reports
• Ensuring all Workplace Health and Safety requirements are met
Operations and Maintenance Functions:
• Installing, operating, and maintaining amenities, including outdoor recreational ice surface and water splash park
• Maintaining exceptional landscape maintenance
• General horticultural practices and snow removal, ensuring sidewalks, trails, parks and parking lot are clear
• Mowing, weeding, watering and general turf maintenance of all CGRA Property including emptying garbage cans
• Enforcing rules and regulations of the park and amenities
• Providing customer driven, service oriented, clean, safe, and well maintained park
• Ensure park, play structures and all other equipment are always clean and in good repair
• Routine scheduled equipment maintenance. Mechanical aptitude be an asset
• Report/ repair damaged or vandalized property
• Ensure that the buildings and park are secured at closing (i.e. all doors/windows locked and security system armed)
Hours of Employment
• Hours Of business are Sunday to Saturday , 9AM-9PM. These times are subject to change depending on the needs of the facility. Full time shifts would be 8HR shifts roughly 11:00am-7:30PM, 5 days a week. The description does not include Special Events or any unforeseen circumstances that may require extra attention and additional hours.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• Have own transportation. Clean Driving History
• Ability to build and maintain good relationships with members.
• Capable of enforcing company policy and regulations.
• Complete a vulnerable sector criminal record check
• Must be customer focused.
• Previous experience will be an asset but is not necessary.
Compensation for this position is based on experience and qualifications. Interested applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume to the Chappelle Gardens RA Parks Foreman at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all interested parties, only successful applicants will be contacted. Full time and permanent position.
Closing date June 23, 2022